Monday, October 28, 2013

7 Days of Halloween - Day 4

Halfway through the Halloween nail series and I've having a blast creating these fun and scary manis for you all.  Today's mani is my favorite of the whole lot...seriously.  It's one that I'm sure you've seen multiple times in different ways by different bloggers, but it's like a Halloween staple.  How can you make it through this spooky holiday without doing a blood splatter mani?
Here we have my Friday the 13th/Jason Voorhees inspired mani.  Yes, that's my attempt at a dirty hockey mask.  lol I don't think it's too terrible for a first attempt.  I honestly can't remember the names of the polishes I used to create the base color/effect but I remember they were Julep brand.  One was a light greige color and the other was a darker taupe color.  Both were cremes and all I did was apply one coat of the light greige and after it dried I sponged the taupe color in random spots.  Then I used a black creme to create the holes in the ski mask and Essie Forever Yummy - my favorite red for nail art - to do the blood splatters.

So what do you think?  Did I do Jason justice?  Let me know in the comments below! (:

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...