Friday, September 6, 2013

31DC2013 - Purple

Today's theme for the 31 Day Challenge is purple nails.  I really thought I would enjoy this day more because purple is such a gorgeous color and one of my favorites.  However I'm not crazy about what I created.  It's cool and kind of interesting but there's just something about it that's bugging me.
Well here it is!  On my pinky and pointer fingers I started with Zoya Trixie and then used Zoya Savita and Zoya Avery for the leopard spots.  Then for my ring and middle fingers I did something different.  I painted half of my nail with Savita and half of my nail with Trixie.  On the silver side I did the same leopard print as before and then where the colors meet I added these fun silver circle studs down the center.
I guess I'm just not crazy about it because the color combination.  I always try to mix purple with different "metal" shades like gold and silver but I never like the outcome.  The art is fun...just not the colors.  I really like to use purple with other bright colors like orange or turquoise.
Anyway I hope this was a fun interesting mani.  I may not be crazy about the color combo but the idea I love.  I'm digging this half-and-half design I did.  What do you think?  Leave your comments about it below.  (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...