Tuesday, September 10, 2013

31DC2013 - Gradient

OMG this was the worst challenge day for me to complete.  I mean it's just a gradient, but I had the hardest time.  I did a complete mani using a gradient set and it looked like crap.  Then I took it off and did another gradient (same one you're about to see) but it wouldn't cooperate so I took it off and tried again.  All was well from there.  I guess the third time's a charm, right?
This is the mani that gave me so much trouble.  UNNECESSARY!  Anyway I do love how it eventually turned out.  Glitter gradients are always so fun and pretty.  I think this one looks like princess nails.  I used two coats of my favorite pink polish, OPI Sweet Memories.  I don't even like pink and I can't get enough of this one.  IDK man.  It's definitely a jelly which makes it even better and yes it shows the whites of my nails, but if you know me, you know I kinda like that.  It's like cleavage for your nails.  lol
After the pink was dry I dabbed on L.A.Colors Color Craze Sparkling Diamond (which you say layered over my yellow mani) starting at the cuticle and dragging it about half way up the nail.  Then I added Ulta Starstruck which is an amazing silver holo glitter.  It doesn't take much to make an impact.  I only used a light touch though because it's very dense and I didn't want to overwhelm the mani.
Again I love how this mani turned out.  I will definitely be doing it again soon after the challenge is over.  What's your take on glitter gradients?  Let me know in the comments below.

4 comments:

  1. It was worth the effort because that looks lovely! I have lots of trouble with colour gradients, I'm determined to keep trying though! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well i never have trouble with the blending part. i think i was just being too impatient to wait for each layer to dry. lol

      Delete
  2. Love glitter gradients, they always look good! Your looks so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...