Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Resolution and Deborah Lippmann

Hello and Happy New Year!


Today I wanted to share a little something with you all.  My new year's resolutions for 2012.  I never make them because they are so easy to break, but this year I'm determined to follow through.


My resolutions are to stop buying so much nail polish and to run my upcoming 5ks without stopping.


When it comes to the nail polish, I buy a new one (or 5) almost everytime I go to the store, but I own way too many as it is.  I am going to try to wear every polish I already own before I buy a new one.  This will be several months worth of swatching, but my wallet and my boyfriend will be super happy.


As for the 5ks I mentioned, there are two.  The first one is Warrior Dash, which is a 3 mile long obstacle course.  I ran it last year, but it took me forever because I was so out of shape, and I walked the last half.  The second is the most important to me.  It's called Run for the Rose and it's in support of brain cancer research.  My family and I are running it in memory of my mom.  When I ran last year, once again, I was so out of shape that I nearly died.  This year I really want to complete these without falling out on the course, and I think this resolution is more reachable than the ever popular "I want to lose weight this year".  If I train hard enough and complete them, then that will just be a bonus I guess.


What is your resolution?  I'd really love to hear them.


And now for a pretty polish.






This is Deborah Lippmann Glitter in the Air.  I don't really have any words.  I fell in love as soon as I saw it.  I love that it's pastel.  I love that the glitter is pastel.  I love that it looks like a glitter-jelly sandwich.  I LOVE IT!  It reminds me of babies or ice cream.  lol!


And then I added Essie Matte About You which I love way more.





I hope today is amazing for all of you and that it turns out to be the start of a wonderful year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...